Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday, February 20, 2009

It's Friday night, and I am alone and cold. The heat broke in the faculty dorms. If the fix is minor, it will be fixed by Monday. If not, it will take a week. I'll be on a plane by then! The cold inside is not too bad, not really colder than our house in Austin. That's one of the perks here. Regardless of how cold it is outside, the indoor rooms (not halls) are always warm and toasty. In my dorm room I often wore shorts and a sleeveless top I brought with me. Toasty indoors makes the cold a lot more bearable because every time you go out, your bones and blood are all warmed up and ready to face the cold.

Speaking of cold, it got cold this week. It's been really cold this week--this after a week of temperatures in the 50's. It will be even colder in Seoul, where I am going tomorrow, but I am ready for it with my long underwear and by blanket wool coat.

I am going to Seoul to visit my old classmate from UT and Drew's old lawyer colleague and their cute 6-year old daughter. I'm leaving at 7:30. My new young friend and acupuncture buddy, Eunae, is going to accompany me to the train station. She is so incredibly sweet and helpful to me. I'll be back on Saturday night. On Sunday afternoon, I'll go to a movie and dinner with some students.

I'll tell you what really sks here (in the dorm at least) is TV! I just saw an episode of the Biggest Loser (not straight through, some BBC from time to time), but now Survivor is on, so I am back on BBC for some Israel bashing. We get Aljazeera here, too, fun!

I’ll be home on the 28th! My dad’s 80th birthday is tomorrow!

Hasta la próxima,

Elsa

1 comment: